Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Pinny, pinny, winny, winny!

 Rainy days here so lots of pinning to do!

Have a back ready to go, and it is even 

memory fabric!  (Fabric that had another 

purpose but will become a great back 

in its second life. )


 It started as a Renaissance  theme 

costume for the workplace

but will become a back for a quilt for 

one of those coworkers! Yay, I love it 

when those things happen!

There is even some cream on cream to go with it!


Watching/listening to Kingdom while 

I work. The British show with Stephen Fry. 

Should be a great time in the sewing room 

capped off by a small family visit tonight!

Just a little parental dedication picture from 

my walk today!



  I remember carrying a child 

when they were tired , not always easy!


End of week and had a great one!

My pinned pile grew,


three more tops are moving

along toward pinning, 



and I even took my new clamps 

( thank you Dr. son and DH, son bought the sample, 

DH did the shopping) 

out for a spin!


Stay safe and sew on !


Linking up with:

To do Tuesday!

Patchwork and Quilts!

Midweek Makers

Wednesday Wait Loss

Put Your Foot Down

Needle and Thread Thursday

Stitch Show and Sew

Can I get a Whoop Whoop!

Finished or not Fridays!

Off the wall Fridays!



15 comments:

  1. You've been busy pinning! Pretty fabric for backing. Love the photo of Mother geese and her babies. Clamps, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ! We are so fortunate our little community builds storm ponds to control flooding and preserve some natural areas. We have lots of bird life and other pond dwellers. The clamps work great too, I don't bump into them and break them as they have a low profile! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making great progress, wow! That's a lot of quilts pinned. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is fun when the planets ( and pins) align! Now to start on the quilting!

      Delete
  4. Mother goose and babies are all so cute! Lots of progress! Before I got my LA, I used clamps (and tables) and found them to be a God-send (after crawling around on the floor!). I grew to kind of enjoy pinning. It means you're on the home-stretch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! Nothing better than a pile waiting to be quilted!

      Delete
  5. It's a very pretty fabric, I love it. Well done with the quilts pinned ;)
    Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is , I do love the florals and I had so many of them ! 6 quilts in total.
      I am giving 5 to my long time sewing buddies and 1 to the zebra foundation. Fun summer sewing!

      Delete
  6. Progress is happening in your sewing room! Thanks for linking up with To-Do! Good luck on your weekly goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am getting pinning done , just need to make one more large back and do some RSC blocks!

      Delete
  7. Those new clamps probably made the basting task SEW much easier!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do ! I like to pin a few quilts and the sew like a demon to get them quilted.

      Delete
  8. Nice clamp... I assume you are using it to hold down the backing fabric and ?? as you pin. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! They keep the back from bunching up and keep it nice and flat for pinning!

      Delete
  9. Wow you have been busy. Seeing your stack of pinned quilts reminds me its almost time for a quilting marathon.

    ReplyDelete