Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Ho ho ho! Complete!

 Just a little brag for something that has taken me years!

I finally got up the courage to use my mom's crystals!

I am a big believer in making traditions.



Each year I put a small trinket or charm on our family 

Christmas socks. The vinyl pocket at the top of the 

stocking is for a current picture of the owner.

This on has a snowman as the recipient of the 

stocking had not arrived yet ( born Jan 22, 2021).




As the family grew and stabilized in numbers ( 4 offspring)

I got new socks and continued. The earlier stockings with 

many additions, are now decorations for the garland!

I finally added crystals from my mother's 

necklace to the stockings!

It was a 2 strand crystal necklace, one strand 

broken but still beautiful.

I added 1 for each member of the individual's family. 

Even pets! They get a tiny crystal. 

The remainder are stored in the bead box for future additions.

It is a joy to have complete. 

Next year , I can keep her memory alive

by sharing stories with my family. 



Linking with :

Wednesday Wait Loss


Can I Get a Whoop Whoop!


TGIFF

Stay safe and sew on !


3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful tradition! And I love how the crystals look. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are certainly a nice memory and so much better used than languishing in a box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tradition! You'll enjoy seeing those crystals each year, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete