Friday, February 5, 2021

Where Did That come from? Stretched stars!


 At a loose end, and wondering what to work on 

when I spied  a box labeled. Stretched Stars. 

So what was in there?  A 60 " x 60" flimsy!

So much fun to find my own surprise!  

Can planning my own Easter egg hunt be next?!?



It is a duplicate of one I made years ago.

That quilt had a long and useful life.

When it was done , 

it finished out as a warmer for

 baby farm animals and barn cats!

This pattern is fun to make so I 

had planned to make another.

I have been making 

bed size quilts for a while now and  

as wall space is at  a premium, 

out came the charms and 2 1/2" squares to add

5 more rows and columns to this top.

 


The charms I started this quilt with

 were a bit undersized

The blocks were finishing at 4 3/4" cut. 

I see why it ended up hidden in a box!

Sometimes precuts are funny!




My charm squares are mostly 6" .
 A real blast from the past .
So I am trimming down or using some
10" layer cakes to make the blocks. 



It should finish around 80" square . 

Always an adventure in the sewing room. 

Linking up at

UFO Busting

Stay safe and sew on!!




 

3 comments:

  1. You found this quilt top? What fun! What impressed me was that you acted on that find. LOVE the fact that you have added to it to make it more useable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The things we "put away for later" astound me!!! Certainly makes life an adventure!

      Delete
  2. Fun surprise!!! It should be a quick finish too, since you had a jump start!

    ReplyDelete