Monday, September 9, 2024

Books , books , books!

 It is holiday week for us so not a lot of stitching is getting done. 

I did have a minute to look at some quilting books!

We all have our favorites for lots of different reasons. 

Here are some of mine!


My BB gifted me this and it has been well loved. 

The spiral binding is nice and the best pages ever are:


The oiling instructions!

The remainder of the book is great too. 

David McCallum really knows his stuff and 

encourages Featherweight owners to be adventurous and 

repair their machines. Fun if you are brave but I am still 

not removing the tension knob!

Next favorite is this goody.  



I must say that this book really inspired me. 

I've made three out of this book and 2 actually

looked like the picture (more or less). 

The cover photo morphs into a completely different 

quilt if you make 150 subunits with the wrong color placement. 

Not sure how I managed but it turned out like this!


Also in this book are curved 9-patches. 

I cannot (will not, don't want to) sew

melon shapes so I waited until the 

Quick Curve ruler came out. 

I have 37 blocks made and still 

am not thrilled with the process. 

See the ruler lurking in the bag?




Then I saw a curved look one on MSQ.  I will 

post a link when I find it. They have so many tutorials. 

Here is a picture of another looks like a curved 9 patch quilt

I may try.  Always looking for a short cut!


One last thing about these books.

Some came coiled and some I did. 

We found this old relic at a sale years ago.
 


Anyone recognize these?



A box of spines!!

We had fun doing up a few books but it is a process.

You have to trim out the book, keep the pages 

in order and secure the cover. A bit tricky to do.

A business store made me one, and even

their experienced clerk put the holes on the 

wrong edge of the cover!

More about books in another post, 

I could go on and on!

The stash report number stayed the same, 

no completions this week.  

Stay safe and sew on .

Linking up with:

Monday Musing 

Stash Report

Design Wall Monday

Sew & Tell

Wednesday Wait Loss

Midweek Makers 

To do Tuesday

Needle & Thread Thursday

Put Your Foot Down

Free Motion Mavericks

Finished or Not Friday

Off the Wall Friday

Beauty Pageant

Oh Scrap!

RSC 24



8 comments:

  1. Two things: I like the not curved curved quilt and, if you find another Cerlox machine, let me knoiw. I already have the coils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. snails trail and friendship star are two of my favorite patterns. I had never noticed their similarity before. I love the stars with the little 4 patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a large mistake/mis-sew it turned out well!

      Delete
  3. What a lot of inspiration! No wonder it's a favorite book of yours. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/09/11/wednesday-wait-loss-397

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. What a great community we have!

      Delete
  4. I know at least one lady in the guild has that binding machine for books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to know which books other quilters love. I have a problem--I love them ALL! We had one of those comb binding machines in my library back in the day. It's a nice flat finish for anything with instructions.

    ReplyDelete