Monday, February 27, 2023

Rainbow Scrapping it up!

 Already moving into month three of 2023 and 

I still have a few RSC 22 hanging around. 

I think it is time to finish them up!


I've been really stalled on the borders. 

A friend on zoom gave me the solution for

making the many piece border fit to the 

rest of the top. She suggested to adjust the 

middle of the border.  A squeeze and ease 

near the corners would show and be noticed 

but always adapting in the middle would make 

it a design element and be more deliberate. So that is where 

I'll be adjusting these two.  Then if I can get them off to

the long armer ( I still have a few quilts left on my punch card)

I can actually have a few finishes before summer.

Here I go!  First up a good measure , both sides and center. 

Then, check the border. Each of these two tops has a 

zig zag border made of all the left over half squares I could find. 

It also could be called flying geese units too. First I'll need to 

organize my table.  It is a catch all sometimes and 

it is loaded this week. 

All my blocks to be joined landed on it!

The blue log cabin:




The pink log cabin


The older UFO log cabins that need zinger sashings:




and a big bin of fabrics from a friend to use and share!




There goes my stash tracking count!  I picked up a few items 

from the give and take table too! 

My name is "State your name"  and I'm a fabriholic!

Back to the stars. 

Two side borders are attached.  Each top will have a 

zig zag border but of course I will make them slightly 

different. Here is the first. 


The second top will get the same only the negative arrangement.



The corner treatment is giving me the most strife but I am 

making progress. 

The first corner is looking like this:


It finished up looking like this!

The second seemed to go together a bit easier.  It is a negative of the 

first with the center being white/light. 


These two flimsies are off to the quilt vault to await backing 

and quilting! A bit of my February goal finished too!

Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :























7 comments:

  1. I admire how much you've gotten done + using scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A frugal attitude and friends with scraps makes me a happy quilter!

      Delete
  2. You have a lot going on there and it looks so fun. I can't get enough of scrap quilts. I look forward to seeing how they end up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the drop off date at the quilt shop so they won't be back till May!

      Delete
  3. You are getting lots of blocks done. Plus using up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think k I may be using up a few but more seem to walk in the door weekly!

      Delete