Friday, October 7, 2022

Hello To Twilight!

 Fall has descended here in Alberta

and morning sun comes up much later.



Time to readjust to less daylight! The 

bonus is we do have a beautiful twilight,

just enough light to see hovering over 

everything just before night arrives. 

Great time of year!!!

Anyhoo, second retreat done and dusted!

I got some things done, some not but had

a great time replenishing the soul with old and 

new friends!!

I got my Softer Granny Squares together. 

One block decided to stay home for the 

weekend so this will be finished assembly 

when that is located. 



Stitched up a bunch of scrap 16s with some 

good conversation while we were all setting up. 

I will try to use this as a stop and go project, usually 

those projects always end up as a rabbit hole and I 

jump in and sew most of it up in a weekend. 

 I just can't help it! 




    Also made some great progress on my pineapple blocks.

So bright and colorful that I may set a goal for spring time 

finish just so I can brighten up the bedroom!!



Of course on late retreat evening, the stars came out. 

Cute little scrap blocks got sewed up from my new scrap bag. 




Never short on scraps when quilters are around!

 I came home with this! Thank you Buddies!



 My walking buddy rescued some cut-offs

made white center wonky stars and created this little beauty! 



These stars are so much fun and so versatile!

Stay safe and sew on !!

Linking up with :

Finished or Not Friday

RSC 2022

Oh Scrap

Design Wall Friday

Quilting , Patchwork & Applique

Monday Making

Design Wall Monday

To Do Tuesday!







19 comments:

  1. What fun!!
    that gold top is just stunning!! and! in my mind perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still haven't found that last block tho!?!

      Delete
  2. Nice job getting so much done at retreat! We're well into fall, here, too, and all the colors are inspiring. I have the same problem with leader and ender blocks--seems like I just can't wait any more and have to finish them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had great fun at the retreat and got plenty of sewing done. Probably plenty of chatter too, and I expect you were all well fed as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! and the snack table was glorious!

      Delete
  4. Oups for the missing golden block ;)) The top is beautiful so far! It looks like you had a lot of fun gathering and sewing with friends, and these colorful blocks are lovely.
    Thank you for sharing this fun time, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another retreat this weekend. A come and go tho so it wont be a sleep over. Close to home tho , so if I forget anything I can pop home.!

      Delete
  5. Wow! You did great progress on many fronts. Love the softer granny squares. Hope you can locate that loner block. Love your wonky stars. A bag of scraps, especially when they are someone's scraps, is the best kind of goody bag in my book. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, every scrap bag I get , feels like my birthday!! Haven't located that block yet!

      Delete
  6. Gosh I always love seeing all the scrappy goodness over here. Love the granny squares in golds. My fave time of the year for sure, and I don't mind the shorter days at all. Of course, I'm farther south so it's not as extreme but it does make me feel like I can just stay in and quilt. (And oddly, I like to get up earlier in the winter while it's dark. Makes me feel super productive or something! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it almost feels like stolen time when the world is sleeping.

      Delete
  7. So much scrappy fun - I love the star quilt! I like this season, when mornings and evenings are cooler, even if the daylight is shorter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like my own special time in the early morning.

      Delete
  8. so many great projects happening! hope you find your golden block :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has not appeared yet. I just finished making 6 more, 1 for the corner and 5 for an additional row to make it a twin size.

      Delete
  9. Love the gold quilt. Fingers crossed you'll find the missing block soon. Sounds like you had a great retreat! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a come and go this weekend and made up the extra block and some more to enlarge the size a bit.

      Delete
  10. I enjoy your posts so much, so happy and filled with good cheer! Love that gold top, and LOL on the block that decided to stay home! Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever hopeful tho! I did remake it and so the missing block should show up soon!

      Delete