Monday, January 31, 2022

OMG Feb

 Another month and more quilts to finish up. 

January was a clean sweep with my 

scrap plan moving along well. 

Just a few crumbs to sew up tonight!



It seems OMG (one monthly goal) is my push 

to quilt up my flimsies and make room in the vault! 




This month my goal is to pin and quilt tops!

My red coin  from January is out and ready.


One or two larger ones from the vault 

may be in the running too! 

Quilter's choice for this month

since I only have self-imposed deadlines.

 A main and a mini for a couple due for 

a family starting in March would be fun. 



Two large tops are calling to me also. 
I may be temped to stitch up a mini for the 
Great Big Strings!  I have a couple in mind and 
keeping a matching baby quilt in reserve would 
be fun!


The one on the left would get have a wavy 
edge cut in after quilting and then finishing with 
a bias binding. 

There are not any premade backs left 
in the vault that would work , so
it is off to the stash to pull out more  20 inch blocks.
This process makes a dent in the stash as well
as letting me preserve some beautifully patterned
fabric.  The quilts do end up reversible and 
recipients seem to appreciate all the 
beautiful colors on the back!

Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :






12 comments:

  1. Best of luck with stitching the pieced backs, Deb. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I did some great cutting last night so hopefully I will get some stitching done soon!

      Delete
  2. The red coins look great, and a mini for Great Big Strings would be so cute! I really need to try your method of storing the finished flimsys.
    Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love To do Tuesday! I really appreciate the nudge that it gives me to keep ahead of my plans! Stay safe and sew on !

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have plenty to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! It is nice to have a selection to choose from when I want to quilt something up!

      Delete
  4. Sew happy for you that you can machine quilt them yourself! Looking forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Once I get going on the quilting, it goes quickly. May get to pinning today since it is so icy out here, it is best to stay inside!

      Delete
  5. Wow you are getting organized. I should do the same and get some of my quilt tops done soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be forewarned, there are squirrels in those scraps! That is how I started my hourglass top! Have fun!

      Delete
  6. Wow, are all those flimsies hanging? I'm holding a close second behind you if it were a race. Good luck on your OMG and thank you for linking up to Put your foot down. Hope you'll share them as you finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think 10 in there. Hanging them lets me walk thru completed tops and is a good way to self indulge and make me feel accomplished! They stay pressed and tidy. I don't end up with surprises tho. No undiscovered tops in boxes any more!
      ( I did that with a stretched star quilt top) Stay safe and sew on !

      Delete