Sunday, December 5, 2021

Stay warm and Toasty!

 Cold outside but 

nice and toasty inside! 

Great day for sewing up 

this grad quilt!  

The top is finished and I spent the 

whole day sewing up a 

Christmas backing to make 

the quilt reversible! It looks 

great but I may lose one of the 

borders when it is together. 



The center portion was complete in 
the quilt closet so the 
back was not too difficult to complete. 

Also working on a couple 

clean up projects.  I have 

a huge mound of 1/2 squares 

to be sewn up. I should use 

them as stop and goes but 

they are really  picking my biscuit.





There will always be more 

half squares to join, so no fear

of running out!

Newton got our Christmas

tree, so we had to reinstall 

with more supports, looks 

great now! 




This tree was a foundling.  Squirrels 

and birds deposited seeds in my 

friend's front flower bed and the 

trees sprouted up and got too 

big to transplant!  She offered 

a tree to us and we got to 

harvest our own tree and 

clean up her yard at the same time!



 More cookies to 

bake tho, I like to gift some 

to the neighbors in early December.

My tree gifter will get a bag too!



Now off to clear up my workspace
and layer the grad quilt!

Linking up with : 







16 comments:

  1. We had a tree once that came from a spot where it didn't belong! Free was a great price! Your string grad quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , the layout was very organic since it really depended on blocks on hand! So glad you like it ! Stay safe and sew on!

      Delete
  2. Daddy would always take us out under the high power lines to get our free Charlie Brown tree, and he would drill holes where the branches were sparse and fill in from what got cut off the bottom. Great memories of frugality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I so remember filling in with extra branches. We used a bucket with rocks for a stand and sometimes tied the tree off to the curtain rods if it wouldn't stand up! My husband and I resorted to adding branches one year when our tree was very sparse. Great memories even from hard times.!

      Delete
  3. I like the layout you used for your grad quilt. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Seems to be a good idea to have a block stash! Stay safe and sew on !

      Delete
  4. Woooow, your tree and cookies look absolutely festive and wonderful!!! Great job on the two quilts, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love Christmas! Stay safe and sew on !

      Delete
  5. That grad quilt is going to be a show-stopper! Nice work on it.
    Oh I'm so happy about your tree. That is a nice one too!
    Your cookies look delicious - making me want some sugar cookies with icing - yumm.
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed with your double sided quilt. It has always seemed like such a good idea, but I can never pull it off. I am in love with string/strip quilts. They are always so fun and great opportunities for colorful scraps. The cookies look amazing and I know the decorating is very time consuming. That tree is perfect. My mother in law used to call trees or plants like that, "volunteers!" Whatever you call it, that's a tree with a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy! You are creating such a special Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those string blocks are so graphic that way - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous quilt and those cookies look delicious. And what a wonderful tree you harvested . Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic on the tree! How fun! Your cookies are inspiring--it's something I don't really do anymore because our girls have gotten so good at it but I kinda miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! That tree is absolutely perfect and free! Can't ask for anything better than that. Baking cookies will be fun. I have still to get to that. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful grad quilt, and the back is great too! Yummy cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete