Monday, September 16, 2024

Everywhere Inspiration

 Still on vacation but there are design ideas everywhere!

No change in stash report but lots of fun is happening.

The heat doesn't seem to slow down my cerebellum so ...

here we go!

First up the beautiful colors of the world around me. 



The depth of the water changes the intensity of the 

blue. From deep dark indigo to  the almost milky 

pale green we often see by our Canadian glaciers.



It is no wonder people of the southern hemisphere

delight in vibrant colors!

The patterns in building material are always

fuel for design ideas. 

Tiles,


grates,


windows


  and even non slip flooring, 


make me think of Chinese coins,

scrap busting tops and black bordered glass window blocks.

Having exhausted my current environment, I went to relax

and rethink and found some old familiar patterns on 

a textured quartet of wall prints.

Leaves,

webs,


and my current favorite , zig zags!

 
I think a few of these

will definitely be showing up on 

my next quilt tops!

Stay safe and sew on !

Here is a gratuitous food picture.



4 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous surroundings to inspire future quilts. Even the gratuitous food picture had color that begs to be used in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is awe inspiring and so different than our own season climate!

      Delete
  2. The shades of blue are stunning! Love the string collages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely inspiration! That lobster sure looks yummy. Have fun on vacation. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/09/18/wednesday-wait-loss-398

    ReplyDelete