Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Fall Has Arrived!

 October is upon us so all things fall

are out and about and now acceptable!

No, I don't mean pumpkin spice lattes. 

Pumpkins galore are perfect.  I made a 

great score at the grocery store today, 

Large pumpkins and 2 bags of mini pumpkins. 

There were also large pumpkins for $4 each. 


 

Some of each came home with me. 

A little stitching was done during the run up to fall . 

The  leftover rainbow scrap/stash buster bits

were put together into a top on the last 

afternoon of retreat.  It was a little 

square ( 60" x 60") so popular vote 

won and the size was increased to 60 " x 70"

using some more leftover twosies . 

  I still have a considerable number of pairs remaining

so I see more of these tops in my future!

The visiting dog approved.


He did move when the small  pre Halloween

ghostie came through!



We had family visitors and when our

 sparsely filled freezer was inspected, we had 

just enough for a lemon pie!!! I do love 

it when the kids can bake!

 


Another picture of the rainbow Stash buster top. 




The blocks are monochromatic in this top 

since they are extras from the two-color Irish chains. 

The  rainbow assortment of  squares left over 

will lend themselves to a random rainbow top soon. 

Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with:





 


3 comments:

  1. Love the scrap buster ideas. I have thousands of squares - all sizes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are always such great scrap busters! This one is great. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/10/02/wednesday-wait-loss-400

    ReplyDelete