Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Binding quilt ahead!

Do you all have as many binding ends as I have?

I came across a quilt recently

 that was made from binding ends.

( I will keep looking for the maker.
If you find it first, let me know!)

There is an extensive library of binding bits 

underneath one of my shelves in the sewing room.




Hmm, it doesn't look too bad when it is out on the table.



Many of these are used up when I make scrappy bindings

 but they are not all the same width.

So the next project I have will be to measure and 

sort all the binding strips.

 Then, I'll stitch them together end to end 

with their like fellows.

Next joining them side by side should make 

something like a 1800 or jelly roll race quilt.

Here is a free pattern over a Jordon's Fabrics.

To avoid the dreaded "too busy " look,

I will sneak in a unifying dark or light!

Wish me luck!

Linking up with:



2 comments:

  1. I never used my saved binding ends. Now I iron them open and add to the strings box where they are getting used, thanks to many of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire a bit! Let's keep on stitching!!

      Delete