Monday, October 18, 2021

Moving forward , but slowly!

 Whew!  Why do ours weeks seem 

so busy but progress seem so slow!?

It is getting on to spooky time so 

I just had to share one of my 

neighbor's answers to decorating!

( From the spooky movie IT)


Any way, we celebrated a late Canadian 
thanksgiving yesterday with most of 
the family. Lots of fun and food and baby 
giggles. 

I did have some time this week 
to clean my machine.  I 
even took off the bottom!


It was definitely worth it .
There was lots of fluff and dust. 


When I get stalled out , I do the only thing
 possible an .. sort my pins!






Then , still not out of the slump 
I did the next reboot item...
I organized bobbins!


That helped with the recharge, so the 
next morning I got out my batiks and 
worked on some pineapple centers!


I clip the groups of ten together
to keep organized. 

The creative grids ruler makes 
the pineapple doable for me. 


So this week , I will focus on stripping 
up the wealth of scraps I have piling up,
making some centers for 
bright bits, and more organizing. 

Upon reflection, I did 
get a few items complete from last week!

                         1. Packing up 4 quilts for health care 

                           workers.  All done and shipped!

                        2. Prep a new project or 2 just for fun

                            Doing this now!

                        3. Finish up the last floral Final florals are complete!




                        4. This small top will get a scallop border after 
                            quilting and already has three places to be!
                             It is making me fall back in love with 
                            scrape white backgrounds! 👎

                        5.  The corners did get mitered! This baby 
                            quilt from left over blocks will get 
                            a fuzzy blanket back and no scalloped edge.👎
                               
                        6. Get that block chain pieced !👎

So, my mojo sewjo should be 
back on track shortly! 

Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up to :






Needle and Thread Thursday











8 comments:

  1. Why, you certainly did get things done this week. Isn't it amazing how quickly our sewing machines get fluff and dust deep within the inner workings of them. That pineapple trim tool looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spooky balloon from IT. I had my machine serviced a few months ago and I can only imagine how much fluff there was inside! Your organizing efforts look great. I need to get rid of a lot of dull pins from my most frequently used pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been pretty busy. I know what you mean. I'm always busy but sometimes it feels that I haven't made any progress at all. And I love the spooky balloon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overall, that sounds like a great week, Deb! Some finishes and TWO new starts? SEW much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your plan to organize pins, bobbins etc makes a lot of sense when in the doldrums. May this week find you happily sewing away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL on the IT balloon! :D I'm like you, when I need a reboot I organize. Does it for me every time. Thanks for sharing with To Do Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your organizing looks so neat. A clean machine always sews like a dream. Your batik blocks are looking good. I have never used that ruler. It makes very nice looking blocks. Thanks for linking up. Happy Scrappy Sewing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. That spooky balloon is great! Organizing your sewing room is a chore but so worth it. Love the beginnings of your pineapple blocks. That ruler works like a charm, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete