Friday, February 19, 2021

Sew day Inspiration!

 After being so productive

on Saturday and the cold spell

continuing, I got out more projects and just got busy.

I am quilting up my green Big Green Log Cabin

that's off to North Edmonton to

celebrate a new house and a new family.





It matches the green

Log Cabin baby quilt or vice versa.

That one now just needs a

d-stringing and a binding.

Since I'm really into the quilting mode,

I also did approach the batik

Square Cabin in the Woods quilt

that's been living on my couch.




We've been using it to watch movies

with the batting hanging out

for about 2 years now.



The adhesive tape came in handy 
when removing all the pins!




                                     


It was interesting because the quilt

design I chose is straight line quilting

but I wanted to wrap the stitching

around one of the straight lines so

it looks like a knot.

It does involve changing the foot

after I stitched all the diagonal lines.

I couldn't zigzag back and forth across

the quilt like I usually do,

but it still went fairly quickly.

After a quick trim in the morning,

I might be able to get my first pink quilt ever,

ready for a toddler. Just in time for Valentine's Day!







It's hearts and small wonky stars.

I haven't decided how to quilt it 

yet but I'm sure inspiration will hit.

It sure feels great to be incredibly

productive even though,


Baby, It's Cold Outside!

 Stay safe and sew on!


No comments:

Post a Comment