Friday, January 15, 2021

Love those squares!



 


This is one of my favorite quilt tops!

 The border on this quilt 
was also so much fun to make!
 
I absolutely love the effect created by color
family blocks.
 It works very well in random 
scrap blocks. 



So when I needed a special occasion quilt, 

this came together!

Since I am often an inconsistent sewer
 ( I blame this on my wandering mind),
 I use quilters fuse to 
help achieve nice, square  piecing.




I snip the rows so the seam lay flatter. 

The  interfacing adds a bit of stiffness, but the 

final quilt is not stiff at all.  The quilting seems to 
alleviate it.






I always have a few rectangles of the fusible on
standby for when I just want to sew and get 
quick and satisfying results. 

Stay safe and Sew on!

No comments:

Post a Comment