Monday, December 4, 2023

Christmas Came Early!

 Wowzer!  You are familiar with all the 

craft sales, bake sales and church sales this

time of year?  Well, we went to one at 

a friend's church on Saturday.  

I got a great big Christmas gift!

There was a corner of my workroom 

taken up by a folding conference table. 

It became a catch all for everything 

from scraps to drinks to planning books!

Well, my son needed a table for his shop,

so at 10 pm I cleaned and sorted and organized 

and ended up with a nice big space!

In that space now is a great, big quilt rack!

Here it is at the sale. 


Now I can enjoy some of my ready to quilt 

items before they get finished and leave the house. 

As soon as we got it in, I loaded a few flimsies 

and one quilt that needs a label. It looks like it will 

be so much fun!



It is raw pine so there should be not 

bleeding. I will put a bit of protection under the 

tops tho, just to be safe. It is a lovely 

Christmas present. 

I even found a way to use up a tiny scrap. 

This roll of clear tape had a wad of 

tape holding the end, but now a lovely 

little scrap does the job!  Always room for scraps!


I will leave you with a friend from 
 
 one of the local hardware stores!  The

whole store looks like the Macy's 

Thanksgiving day parade!





Stay safe and sew on!

Linking up with :

Finished or Not Friday





7 comments:

  1. That is a really great quilt rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to love church sales! I got my crafting desk at one for only $5! Solid wood, 8 ft long with both leaves out, draws etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt rack and a very wonderful useful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! that is amazing - and will be a rotating piece of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt rack is the perfect find! I'm so jealous. Your tape idea is one I'm going to steal for sure. I normally fold down the end of the tape so I can find it, but with the scrap it's even easier! Love it. Those balloons in the store are so magical! Love Macy's parade and watch it every year. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/6/wednesday-wait-loss-357

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous quilt rack - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete