Monday, October 9, 2023

Yellow Softer Granny Squares

 Sometimes, best laid plans go awry, and we just can't force a fix. 

I did my hero stint at the blood donor clinic 

and woke up the next morning

with a scratchy throat and developed a 

full blown cold by Thursday.  It is 

still sticking uncomfortably around for the

 weekend but I recovered enough

to host a wonderful family dinner. 

The weather cooperated and most of 

the day was spent outside. There is even a larch 

in the neighborhood to lead in the fall colors. 




The view from the yard is very nice this time of year. 



This softer Granny Square quilt was

 stitched up just prior to the arrival of my cold.



The bright sunny colors were a joy to work with 

and I repeated the pattern used a few months 

ago for the Blue Twin Granny. It can be found in 

the MSQ tutorials

The built-in cutter got a lot of use, but once I remembered

the sewing order it was easy to do.

 The little eyelash threads

left will be trimmed off in the final de threading of the quilt.


I used my stitch sample to program the machine.  


 It does take longer to 

do a stop and start pattern than an continuous one.

The serpentine pattern in the lattices really sewed up fast.


The quilt has a lovely soft colored yellow print on the back.

The cut offs from the edges will be used as 

binding to finish out the quilt. 


Here it is, sans binding, in the sunshine 

with our small houseguest. 


There will be much binding complete as soon as 

this cold leaves and my sewjo returns!

Just had to squeeze in a picture with these

"twins" in the living room !




Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with : 

















Oh Scrap!




 


20 comments:

  1. Very nice 'twins' - blue and yellow always a great combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes I do love yellow and blue!

      Delete
  2. You are heading into beautiful autumn and we are heading into a very hot summer over here Down Under. Love the Granny Squares quilts...on my list for one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing we all love tho , is the changing of seasons. The same thing all year would not be as entertaining !

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you are sick! I am battling a bug, too. :( Your twin quilts are very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing is that it will be over shortly. So thank goodness for a postitive outcome! Happy Quilting!

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel much better soon, Deb. That tree is absolutely gorgeous! I wish we had them here. I love the colors of fall. Your blue and yellow quilts are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found four more on my morning walk. The cool morning air is great for decongesting sinuses! Glad you like the blue and yellow. They always look nice together!

      Delete
  5. I follow you but have never commented. I have Granny Squares on my to-do list for some day. I just watched Jenny's tutorial and this looks like a fun fast variant! Yours do look "soft"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the granny squares! The softer color variation is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Granny Squares are always winners in my book. Nicely done. Way to use those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have lots more! Spent a great day organizing and sorting. Happy Quilting.

      Delete
  8. Love that happy yellow quilt! The blue is also pretty, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , they were fun to do with Quilt magic! Cutting up a 16 patch and putting quarter pieces back together.

      Delete
  9. I like the softer look! I bet that quilt will feel wonderful to sleep under. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/11/wednesday-wait-loss-349

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who knew no points would be a good thing! Thank you for the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What adorable quilts!!! I like how it looks without the points--very unique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a fun quilt - and perfect colors for fall... glad you are recovering!

    ReplyDelete