Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Button, button who's got the button?

 A great gift of quality wool came my way recently, 

so I am trying to be crafty and make some button 

embellished hearts that can be used a pincushions or key fobs.

Here is what they are supposed to look like:

 

So far, here are what mine are looking like. 



A perfect plan, in place for a road trip, fell

in a bit as I stitched up all the buttons I had 

in just a few hours. 

That lead to a nice afternoon, sorting buttons!

We quilters and crafters always seem to have 

lots of buttons.

 

  I also found a very weird 

assortment  of items in my big button box. 

Here is the list: 

a belt buckle

a rod for permanents

2 red 1/2" pom poms

1 larger gold trimmed pom pom 

3 keys, one being a windup key

a pinch shower rod clip

a drapery clip, very sharp

1 fresh water pearl

2 black grosgrain shoe bows

1 push-in curtain tie back

3 1/2" ribbon roses

1 blue game piece

1 metal feather charm 

1 3/8" machine screw

1 elastic eyeglass older

I seem to be a very eclectic collector!

The harvest was successful and 

I can move on with my stitching.



Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :

Design Wall Monday 

To Do Tuesday

Monday Musing

Midweek Makers

Put Your Foot Down 

Needle and Thread Thursday

Finished or Not Friday

Foto Fun

Peacock Party

Off the Wall Friday

Whoop Whoop Fridays!

RSC 2023






12 comments:

  1. Hahaha, my Mom’s button box had a lot of the “extra” things in it too. I remember garters being in their too, and “Jacks” from an old game. Your fob heart with buttons is a great idea, and will make nice gifts for quilty friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very soothing to sort buttons ! I have a few more jars I could harvest too.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, I can still see my mom's button tin--I would play in it for hours whenever she mended. I was fascinated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overheard at Grandma's house" Who put cookies in the button tin?"

      Delete
  3. I love buttons too and have quite the collection. Those hearts will make lovely gifts!
    Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/27/wednesday-wait-loss-347

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited one shop that had a therapy bin of buttons to look thru!

      Delete
  4. Fun look at the contents of your button tin! Mine has some “extras” also! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed amazing what turns up in the button box!

      Delete
  5. I was laughing out loud at all the things you found in the button box. Back when I used to buy sewing machines, it was amazing what I found in the cabinet drawers. My favorite was a tiny booklet with instructions for knitting shawls to send to Europe for refugees after WWII.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool about the knitting instructions. I have no idea how most of those things got there. It was like a treasure hunt, almost better than a junk drawer!

      Delete
  6. What fun items you found in your button box, Deb!! I bet that was really a fun afternoon thinking, hmmmm how did this get there?!!! LOL Anyway, I love the wool keychain project with the buttons. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was such a pleasant way to pass an afternoon. Very therapeutic!

      Delete