Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Progress and Completion!

 Finally, I have some big finishes thanks to 

sewing all day Saturday and a Friday Night Sew In.

All that sewing carried on again solo for 

Monday and another big top was stitched up. 

This will go into my cozy collection if  need 

doesn't pop up.  The rainbow design makes

such a great wedding or house warming gift,

that I have made this pattern twice before

but gifted it instead of keeping it!



This 86" x 86" is a real RSC quilt with many colored 

string squares and a nice black sashing. Having such 

large squares makes it get large fast . 

Two or three squares sets of each color 

provide lots of variety and opportunity for

each color to shine!



Digging thru my bin of large yardage (say that three times fast) 

produced some wide width backing and 

this quilt enjoys a grey and 

black botanical back.



The smaller blue , 62" x 78" was a joy to stitch and moved 

               easily under my needle.  I think ease of quilting on a 

              domestic really depends on the designs that we choose. 



               Many starts and stops always take me so much longer 

         and I get a little frustrated trimming off all the little eyelashes

                                    from the automatic cutter.  

                                 A cross-quilt pattern or character             

             stipple really makes the quilting faster and more enjoyable.


                         This blue wonky log cabin turned out so well

                                  everyone (thing?) is enjoying it !


 



18 comments:

  1. Wow! You did get a lot done. Your RSC quilt turned out beautifully. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , and you too. What a wonderful hobby we have!

      Delete
  2. That's a great looking RSC - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I do love working with strips.

      Delete
  3. Two quilts! Man you had a great week. That rainbow RSC quilt really shines brightly! And the Wonky Log Cabin is simply lovely. Kudos to you. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/30/wednesday-wait-loss-343

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love linky parties , so many ideas ! Glad you like my RSC quilt, it was fun to do.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the rainbow strings! I love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ,it is always fun to work with strips.

      Delete
  5. Your Rainbow string blocks look stunning with the black sashing. Which reminds me.....I've got some Rainbow string blocks hanging about somewhere or other in a bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always end up with a few blocks leftover. Good seeds for the next one!

      Delete
  6. Two beautiful finishes! The rainbow strings are so striking. I can see why it is a design you can make again and again. So many rainbow fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do enjoy working with color family blocks, they always turn out nicely.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, you have been busy. Both quilts are beautiful, thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so welcome! I do love your linky parties!

      Delete
  8. Again you are really making me want to make another rainbow string quilt

    ReplyDelete