Tuesday, May 30, 2023

To Do Tuesday

 Today is clean up sewing room day with finishing off items and 

choosing some new projects. 

I went way off campus this month with my RSC and 

ended up working on a wealth of green log cabins!

I have lots of log cabin tops ready and the two greens

will bring the total up nicely. Lots of scraps were used up 

and the bag is empty.




 All that remains outside of the drawer,

 is a popcorn box of scraps and the chunk portion of the stash!

These little popcorn boxes are great for using as work boxes instead

of letting the desk or floor overflow with bits of fabric!



  My retreat friends would be happy I am controlling my mess!

The chunk section is large but orderly so that is all good. 



Time wise, I have been having lots of sewing time for the last few 

weeks. The smoke last week keep everyone in and certainly created 

good reasons to stay in and stitch!

This weeks plan is to :

~Finish up the green log blocks

    ~ Assemble 2 green log cabin tops

              ~Trim out the work box of orange scraps

               ~ Make up 2 5x5 blocks 1 orange 1 green

            ~ Plant the last pumpkins in the big tub


Looks like a nice plan to work on for a sunny day!

Must finish off with someone else having a great day!


Yes, three pelicans and two moose right

in the middle of our small town!


Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with : 


To do Tuesday!

15 Minutes to Stitch




5 comments:

  1. Are they trying to get away from the fires? I'm always impressed at how much you get done each week. I had the whole day to sew 6 or 7 hours and I frittered away most of it. Probably spent 3 hours at most making progress. Sigh. Your stash is yelling at me to straighten my shelves. Maybe I'll actually do that one of these days. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fires aren't in our immediate area so they were just enjoying a walk thru town on the way to some nearby scrub brush to eat. You notice I only show the tidy part of my stash? I hid away the shameful bins of unsorted scraps. Those are my treasures for later. Stay calm and stitch on!

      Delete
  2. You definitely had a productive month. Happy stitching in June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ! I have two big RSC projects to bind so that will be fun to have more completed! Come on June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb it's always fun to see what you are working on. Such a great job with all of your projects. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I had a good giggle over your wildlife. Reminds me of when I lived up north.

    ReplyDelete