Sunday, March 5, 2023

March OMG

 This is beautiful green month over at RSC so 

my goal for the month is to get my two 

RSC star quilts, from last year, in for quilting! 





The borders are on and the backs are ironed and ready. 





I feel like I cheated a bit and purchased extra wide 

backing material for these. Up goes the stash count 

by 5 meters!  Let's just decide I am helping the 

depressed economy!  Yay me!


One of these is destined for my monthly 

quilt collection.  Each month I try to feature a 

different Queen sized quilt on my bed. 

The goal is to have a collection of 12 that 

I can rotate throughout the year.  The halfway point for the

collection has been reached but I have 6 more spaces to fill!


 I am off on a holiday and just missed the

drop off time, for the tops,  prior to leaving.  When we return, there

will still be a few days to get them in!  Wish me luck and

please spare a little bit of envy for me as I am basking in 

the warm shade of a southern state, while my home 

province is chilling out at 0 degrees F.


( Does anyone see the error in the second top? 

I did fix it, but doesn't the green 

star look sad with drooping points?!)


Stay safe and sew on !!

Linking up with :

OMG

Oh Scrap!

RSC 2023

Off the Wall Friday

Finished or Not Friday

Peacock Party



14 comments:

  1. Oh golly! Glad you saw and fixed your sad green star! Much better now! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I did miss my drop off Window before holidays but they are ready to go so I am counting them as a win!

      Delete
  2. Didn't notice the droopy points. But I'm sure it looks much better done the way the rest of the stars are done! Enjoy your trip to a bit of warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are! No snow to shovel and no cold feet!

      Delete
  3. That did look sad, but the rest of the quilt looks beautiful and inspiring! I've been wanting to make seasonal quilts for my bed, but haven't dreamed big enough for monthly quilts. You go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't saturated my recipients with quilts, yet so I can keep on stitching! Then when I find those perfect patterns, I will claim them as my own!

      Delete
  4. Of course, this string block star quilt is gorgeous ! I love the shading that strings make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really turned out well didn't they! But now what nest for strings?

      Delete
  5. This might be the best string quilt I've seen yet. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love strings and they really lend themselves nicely to star points!

      Delete
  6. Glad you caught that error! It's amazing, but that star did look sad. Your string quilts are always so pretty. And that border you added is perfect! Looking forward to seeing these done soon. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pieced border you added to your quilts. I'm always at a lost when it comes to borders. Great job here though. The poor green star looks like it had a wanna-be-a-pine-tree attitude. Lol. Enjoy your vacation. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's another beauty! glad you saw the 'oops' and were able to adjust. enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear you noticed the oops and got it fixed. I'm hoping you are having a wonderful week, basking in the sunshine and warmth. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday and showing off you beautiful projects. Congrats on another stunning finish.

    ReplyDelete