Sunday, May 1, 2022

Finish it up!!

 Sometimes, time keeps on ticking and holidays 

make it tick on by!!

A deadline flew past me so I had to buckle up 

and get things done!

The great big strings actually made it off to 

the baby shower on time! I pulled a late nite

sew a thon and completed both the large and small 

quilts for soon to be family!


The quilting was done,

binding was sewn,
and then I realized the companion quilt 
was not ready!!!
Some creative digging into the vault 
ended up with this little yellow top!


I had a back and backing ready so I layered and pinned, 
drafted my DH to unpin, re-layered, stitched , quilted , 
trimmed, bound labeled and de-threaded!!


The end result!


The strips go nicely together, stringy all around .

The cute little baby quilt even has tiny robots on the binding!









A nice pair to welcome a first child and new family!

Best of all, these two quilts are gifted!



Stay safe and keep on stitching!

Linking up with :

















4 comments:

  1. Wow what a finish! Love that yellow baby quilt--it's pure sunshine. Thanks for sharing the pair of quilts on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! It is so much fun to sew yellow!! I have a friend who says that ,"Every quilt needs a bit of sunshine!" She puts a bit of yellow in all her quilts!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on both finishes. They look great. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.

    ReplyDelete