Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The month that was!

 Well that month sure got away from me! 

For all you non locals, my country is currently 

in a time of great despair!  Our numbers are 

climbing, we have 3 provinces in major drought,

all are suffering from employment issues and  two 

currently on fire!  

Quilting will definitely take out minds off all 

this and help us push forward!

So today I am quilting my great big ole string star!



I am echo quilting inside each star.

We also celebrated a family 
wedding. Small but very joyful. 
The happy couple received a 
total of three quilts and the bride wore 
her mother's dress for a beautiful 
ceremony. ( Yes, my dress)
Very moving and beautiful. 
This is the wedding quilt
I gifted them. 


A pineapple quilt made with batiks. 
Very fun to make with a snazzy new ruler. 

A good family friend made this beauty.
It was inspired by a big stack of florals


What a great quilt to add to the wedding bounty!

This ultimate scrappy quilt was made by 
the bride's SIL.  
Incredible piecing and color sense here!






We did travel thru Western Canada, 
avoiding the fires and meeting up with old friends.
Made a few new ones and discovered
how small our world can get. 
Took a quilt out for a niece. 
She received the family block quilt.
It was so much fun to finish!




Lots to do and work on in my sewing sanctuary!

Stay safe and sew on !












10 comments:

  1. I REALLY like scrappy stars, and that wonderful pineapple quilt. I've never seen a braid quilt like the one her sil made. Wow to all the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun to have more quilters in the family !!! They get so creative!

      Delete
  2. All wonderfully beautiful scrappy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is very rewarding to use up scraps isn't it!

      Delete
  3. Those are beautiful quilts for a happy occasion! I have a niece getting married next week and we'll attend via Zoom. I feel like I should make them a quilt, but don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great wedding and my family loves the quilts. I think they love the idea of quilts also. A quilt is a personal thing someone makes and gives you. They really

      Delete
    2. snuck in under the wire since we are back into restricted gatherings again!

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear about all the troubles. Prayers coming your way! So happy though that you could celebrate a wedding. Congratulations! And those quilts -- I've heard of a bride receiving one quilt but three! And all so very lovely. What a blessed family. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pineapple quilt and I’m sure the happy couple do too. Which ruler did you use? There are so many on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful quilts! How nice the bride wore your dress. Your string star is so pretty.
    Thank you for linking up to To Do Tuesday (last week) and sorry I am so late commenting!

    ReplyDelete