Monday, September 13, 2021

Rainy days and Sundays!

 What a great Sunday!

The day did not live up to its name

but was  calm and relaxing anyway!

Awoke to a steady drizzle

and perfect quilting weather.

So much on the go here !

First up are the table scraps of orange. 

Sorted out scraps into 

shapes and fired up the 

feather weight !


Side story here ;

We had scheduled a 

Featherweight flash mob but

covid shut us down.  We were 

going to meet on a driveway, 

Featherweights in hand and sew

up some charity tops. Saved for 

another day. 


Now back to orange!

Worked on sewing these all up . 

I got really frustrated with the 

minimal progress , but then noticed

all the parts I had ready!



Soldiering on I managed to 

get all my orange scraps sewn up 

except these small bits. 



Here is the wealth of orange parts for my 
block bank !




There are 3 - 8 1/2" string squares, 
a bunch of 4 1/2 " string sets, 
  a stack of 2 " squares for the box, 
5 - 12 1/2" crumb blocks, and 
some stacks of 6 1/2", 2 1/2" & 1 1/2"
strips sets.
Surprise output is 2 sets of orange and white 
blocks using this pile of 1 1/4" scraps 
that finally turned up. 
 

I will keep working 
on them to make 12 1/2" or larger 
blocks in the confetti style that is 
so popular right now. 

I will even add that to my 
mental RSC block list.  
When next year comes I may 
actually be organized for the RSC 
but no promises are being made!!

Stay safe and sew on , 
see you again soon!

Linking up to :














7 comments:

  1. Block bank? LOVE it!!! I spy one small scrap that is in my scrap bin, as well. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    You have done a great job with sewing your orange scraps into useful parts of quilts. And, the month isn’t half over yet! I am proud of you. The concept of a “block bank” is new to me, and it makes sense. Instead of scraps, I’d rather have blocks in my “block bank” to make withdrawals from. Thanks for joining Design Wal Mondays. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! It does make it much more fun to just go to the bank and get blocks to put together when I am in the rush for a top. Stay safe and sew on !

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love the concept of a Featherweight Flash Mob. Hum, I might need to borrow the terminology and get my friends to bring them over to sew together! Your oranges look great. I have been pondering next year's RSC block/s also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely orange scraps, and sewing all of them into blocks for later is such a great idea! Much manageable than just scraps, and ready for a lot of possibilities!
    Thank you for linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some smart sewing - I really love your orange blocks! Sorry your flash mob got postponed but hopefully you can do it soon.
    Thanks for linking this to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete