Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Orange you getting it done?

 Pun central here!

Once I get back to the 

keyboard they just seem

to roll out of me!

Since is still orange

month,  it is time for some 

color family square creation. 

The 5 x 5s are calling me 

so I am pulling out the 

scrap bin and cutting away!






I managed to use up a bunch of oranges!


They are even stored with an orange clamp!



Running low on wall space there tho!
The plan for the week is :
        1. Enjoy the transition weather we are having
        2. Sew thru the rest of the orange scraps
        3. finish up some waffle blocks
        4. drop off a pile of quilts for kids charity

I had a great sew day with a buddy and 
got these found units all put together. 



This zipper quilt only required an 
additional 32 units from me! 
The bits were discovered in the 
bottom of a scrap bag. 
(I have some great buddies!)



 It finished 58 x 70 so will 
make a  wonderful 
child's gift.
It hung out on my design wall for weeks
and fell off every time I walked by. 


waiting for a different arrangement but
ended up with
 the simple switch direction design.
I even displayed it to cover up my 
messy bulletin board!





Working on the waffle blocks during 
phone calls and zooming this week!





I think I am getting my Sew -jo back !
Stay safe and sew on !  

Linking up with :
















3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at "fell off every time I walked by" and that photo! That is a beautiful quilt and even more so because of the found units. I like your orange blocks.
    Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely zipper quilt and those orange blocks...yum! Yep, I'm thinking you've gotten your sew jo back! Great job. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEW glad that you are back to having some fun at your machine, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete