Friday, July 2, 2021

Hot fun in the summertime!

 Well, it has been really hot 

here. Sewing in the basement 

is keeping me cool!  

I even had some visitors!

Half the family came over after moving house. 

It was too hot outside,

so they came for  dinner in my sewing room. 

It was  a pizza party with sewing sheik dΓ©cor!


Yesterday was Canada Day here , so here is a beautiful 

maple leaf quilt made by my good friend KS. πŸ’–



The quilting and binding list is definitely progressing.

The second to last floral is half bound. 


There are two waiting in the wings for binding. 

The family quilt, Big Ole Strings, and 

the last floral are quilted.



The stack for layering is still a bit large

but that just means

 there is more fun ahead!

So, first bindings

 1-floral #5

2-floral #6

3-big ole strings

Then, layering and pinning. 

4-Teal Squares



5- Stars Above 


6-Colour My Bricks





Of course there may be a few new 
projects too!
Stay safe and sew on!

Linking to:











9 comments:

  1. Your hands are full! But how fun to see so many different quilts in progress. Are you machine sewing one side of the binding down and then hand stitching the other? Dare I suggest to do both sides by machine? It gets the binding done so much faster and general stays together better. (I done repairs on bindings before.) I tend to hand stitch small projects and wall hangings but just about everything else is machine stitched on both sides. I prefer sewing the back first and then sewing the front when I machine stitch both sides. It isn't always beautiful on the back but most people don't look that carefully at it. And, bonus! It's done! PS Good for you for throwing some new projects in with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet ! I sew the binding onto the back and then fold to the front and sew down by machine. I use a double fold 2 1/2 inch binding. I also use a stitch in the ditch foot to stitch it down on the front . The fin that sticks down on the foot runs along the edge of the binding. I set my needle position at 6 which is about an eighth of an inch into the binding. Works great . And if I use a bobbin that matches the backing , the stitching almost disappears! Happy sewing!

      Delete
    2. Hum, that sounds like something I should try. I know I float around a bit as I stitch down the front. I use a walking foot but I bet the idea of the fin might help keep me a bit more straight. Worth a try next time round. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Nice progress on your projects, Deb. Pizza party in the sewing room? Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza in the sewing room sounds fun!
    and look at all those great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to have a pizza party in your sewing room! Gotta keep up your strength for all that binding you're doing. But man are you getting a lot of quilts done! So exciting. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pizza in the sewing room! You are brave! My sewing room is in the basement too, definitely cooler! But no room for company! I’m cramped! We could use the rest of the downstairs though! I’m loving Colour My Bricks! I’m a pushover for crumb/slab blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to spend time with family! It's the best. Thanks for linking with To-Do Tuesday! Good luck with your goals for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are a brave one to serve up dinner in the sewing room but the decor is great!! Good luck this week on the goals!

    ReplyDelete