Monday, December 28, 2020

Sew those strips!! Stars!



 So if you search "Star Strings"

 on Pinterest you will find a 

wealth of scraps sewn up into enchanting stars!

Since I have the prerequisite and

 I am antsy for some machine time, 

here comes another project!

First I grabbed a big bag of scraps that has

 been lurking in my sewing room. 




I add to it when I finish trimming anything

 so it has really been growing lately. 

 I did some rough paperwork to 

get an idea of what the numbers would be , 

and started stitching!


Some graduated sizes of strips got pulled out,
 and it really makes the assembly fly!

I chose to make a 6 1/2" cut strip block. 
That will allow the finished top to have
 nine stars total without getting too large. 

Please notice the white square of paper on my extension table.
This lets me check the length of the strips
 without having to measure.






Of course I have my sewing nest going by 
using my TV tables for a pressing station and 
another for a strips layout station!


I already have a pile of strip blocks ready to trim!




I fasten my completed blocks together with clips.

I buy mine from a local supplier. 

 It really helps eliminate 
recounting and keeps me a bit organized!





Today will be more sewing with 
a movie in the background!






No comments:

Post a Comment