Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Yellow is So Mellow

 Finally getting into RSC  halfway thru the month!

Seems I never know how many scraps I have until 

I start cutting strips!

So far 19 yellow log cabin blocks are trimmed and

ready to join.  Fifty six will make a nice twin sized 

so my goal is 37 more. 

They are certainly bright and sunny!




Four wheel chair quilts got their pockets and binding

last week too, so I have definitely made progress.


















Quite a few of the  stitchery blocks

(gifts from friends, thank you CF) 
 
were used to accent the backs. 

They were a hit with my quilting friends,

so the recipients should enjoy them too. 

My orphan block pile, (okay it is a basket)

is considerably less full too!

Now, off for more stitching!  


Stay safe and sew on !  


Linking up with: 


Design Wall Monday 

Midweek Makers

Sew & Tell

Monday Musings

Wednesday Wait Loss

Needle and Thread Thursday

To Do Tuesday

Finished of Not Friday

Off the Wall Friday

Peacock Party

RSC 2023

Oh Scrap

Friday Night Sew-In

15 comments:

  1. Wow, so many fun yellow log cabin blocks!!! You're making an entire quilt out of them? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I do love yellow , ( and all the other colors!). I will use the left over blocks to make a year end rainbow colored quilt!

      Delete
  2. Yellow always catches my eye. I waver between that and green for my fave colors. Makes sense I guess since I love to be outside and in the garden! Can't wait to see the finish, it'll be so sunny and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should go back to the so scrappy color of the month challenge......I love yellow

    ReplyDelete
  4. We quilters do go down the rabbit hole of projects , but we can always circle back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great when we can use those orphan blocks. I have recently used a few in mug rugs. But there are more. Love those yellow log cabin blocks - just full of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your yellow log cabin blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow log cabins look so nice and cheerful. Are you making the wheelchair quilts for a particular charity or rest home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will go to provincial long term care facilities for residents who would only get staff purchased socks for the holidays and have no family. It should really brighten up the lunchrooms.

      Delete
  8. What fun log cabin blocks! Yellow fabric really makes them shine! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to make and sew up quickly. I am compiling all my blocks to stitch at an upcoming retreat or two!

      Delete
  9. Nice job. I'm sure the wheelchair quilts will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I think they will be enjoyed. Certainly a bit of brightness will be good!

      Delete
  10. very busy with your wheel chair quilts. That is a LOT of yellow RSC blocks - great going.

    ReplyDelete